Sunday, September 04, 2005

New York New York!



Hey EVERYBODY! Heh i see my webcounter running and i feel happy haha but not much time to blog... So many things happening here i haven't even called home much. But hey doens't mean i dont think of u guys or miss you guys at all. I really appreciate things much more now... Simple things, complicated things. Theres alot to be thankful about...

Thank everyone who sent me off... I really appreciate it... I'm sorry didnt have that much time to talk and stuff... And forgot to take photos... But i still love u guys and am missing all of you. Will take more pictures of NY and show u guys when i get back. I really appreciate it... Including those who would have made it if not for school. =)

I thought alot about what i was leaving behind when i got onto that plane. I thought about my life, my family, my friends, my girl... my expectations, my dreams, my aspirations... And i hoped that i wasnt making a wrong choice leaving all that i love. Even if just for 3-4 years. I don't regret that one bit though. NYC is really a place of ideals, even for the poor, everybody gets a chance to dream big. Dreams as big as the city, dreams that inspire even the most simple person.

I feel liberated by the city that never sleeps. It just feels so different... So fresh and new. Its like breathing fresh air after holding your breath for an hour... There's so much to look forward to and so much to see, so much to learn and so much to be. Knowing new people and languages and cultures and stuff. Oh and i got back into chess, cos i can't dota (lousy periodically laggy connection). Its time i got up from never realising my potential in academics. I think almost every report card i've had since primary 3 had "Kin Foong is capable of better results". So i do hope to aim high this time... Try to get into the dean's list. Be a leader in what i believe in. Start a chess club if i have to. Be a man. Do the right thing. (lol)

Hey here's a picture of my room mate. His name is Brennen Blair, and i think he's damn cool even though he supports Bush. Ok i'm not quite sure Kerry should hold office either but... He's a really sociable and nice guy.



And a picture from my aunt's apartment at 6am



And a picture from Coney Island, with some peeps i've been hanging out with



So its the 5th today as i write this part 2 now... but its the 6th in singapore! So HAPPY BIRTHDAY Daddy-o hope u're eating nice cake and stuff...

Yup lost train. I think i'll start a new post

Miss you guys in Singapore

And myself looking significantly happier than when i left

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there....:-) nice blog ,mine is spyware remover related site its' ok..... if you like this sort of thing
its all about the ##Keyword## business.

Mon Sep 05, 02:12:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home