Thursday, August 04, 2005

Death of Blogging



I hate it when it always seems like i have no energy to blog when i have things to talk about, and nothing to talk about when i do have the energy. Sighz. Woke up with a neckache, possibly rheumatic, considering its been raining... Perfect weather for sleeping, but so unproductive.

Anyway i finished Harry Potter but i won't discuss this here, don't want to spoil the surprises for those who haven't read the book. Good read, esp the parts about BGRs. Well I've always been the ba gua sort right, so no surprises there. What surprises me is that I haven't attempted to read sweet valley high or something like that. Full of this kind of scandalouss relationships and stuff. Bestial Harry with Primal Urges. Growl. How exciting!

I've been looking at other posts of my contemporaries (I'm not so much their standard of genius, just happened to be my friends) talking about what life is gonna be like overseas.. Like Huangyu who's going next week but not done packing.. Like Kiats who ponders about the next step of our lives.. Like Houston who reminisces about JC days and marvels at how time has brought us to all corners of the world, connected by this untangible thread of life and love that they call friendship. I've been thinking too much.. Thus the PACKING PROBLEM still exists. Damn.

I went wakeboarding yesterday. Wonderful sport really, though you end up sia-suaying yourself when you try to act pro haha. Of course after finally being able to stand up (its not easy the first few times), I wanted to try new things like move over the wake.. Etc. Nothing fanciful, cos I was really noob la. Oh ya went with Yanni Connor and of course Huishan. Met Dennis Yeo the AC-HC guy who's going to Wharton. Brilliance. Basically had fun la.

Yesterday i read a friend's post about her grandparents, and halfway through, I couldn't hold back the tears. It just hit me like a tsunami (lol this is the IN phrase to use now) and the floodgates opened. Like a 7 year old child, I cried out not noisily, but the silent sobbing that would not stop. That feeling of loss and regret that just screamed at me: Are you going to wait till its too late? I have 3 grandparents, all above 80, and i fear that one day i'll receive a call from my mom or dad... And theres so much more to learn about their lives and their experiences. I've always felt that having seen the world for such a long time, through the Jap occupation and stuff, their stories about their past always had something special in it. Something that rankled within me and stayed close to my heart. I only wish i had embraced my grandparents more when i had a better command of cantonese. It has been degenerating slowly through the years after my great-grand aunt (who was my 'nanny') passed away... And i can only hope and pray that there i will meet a fair number of friends who can speak Cantonese.. So that armed with proficiency in cantonese, i will be able to seek the treasures buried in my grandparents' minds.

So after reading all this, why is my post titled death of blogging? Well just afraid that my blog is gonna die. I don't want my blog to.. Cos i know its gonna be a way for my friends to keep in touch with me.. Should this blog die, along with it will go a big part of me. Gotta have abit more discipline. Yes.

Gotta go. Will talk more in due time.
Kinfoong

Damn the standard of my english is horrible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home