Sunday, September 18, 2005

Busyness



Just some images in my life that not everyone has seen... Thats me on my comissioning day. 030404. It rained out so i was commissioned not on the parade square but in the canteen. We were the first batch/only batch ever to experience such poor luck, because other batches had their parades carry on in the rain, and their parents and girlfriends and buddies ran into the rain with them.

I've been busy, that's why not blogging much. Once again, poor time management has crept up and is threatening to do me in again. I can't let this happen to me again. On thursday i said i would finish my work by friday so that i could enjoy the weekend. On friday i said i still have Saturday. Its sunday evening and i havent touched my work without falling asleep. = NOT GOOD. Im not letting my parents pay money for my education only to squander this opportunity that i should learn to cherish more. I'm really grateful for this chance, even though i dreaded coming so much, because i'm learning something everyday and my mind is being challenged everyday (unlike in the army). And so, i will push myself to be more disciplined.

Speaking of discipline, I haven't visited the gym in a week. And from that i learn more about myself. I don't like doing things alone... I feel very connected to the people around me, and i'm glad they enjoy my company. However i gotta start learning to do things for myself again. I watched Dermott Mulroney on "the wedding date" last night and... woah this guy is pretty amazing. And guess what? Some friends saw him at times square this afternoon. Damn. He's handsome enough for me to want to take a picture with him too... Let the girls swoon over the picture haha (even if its not me).

Speaking of Celebrity spottings, people spotted by friends or friend's friends:
Dermott Mulroney
Mike Myers
Matt Damon
David Duchovny's sister
Richard Gere
One of the Olsen Twins
Marat Safin

I think there must be more but i don't pay that much attention to these things. Marat Safin was right in front of me but i didn't recognise him. Grace and Soumi were shrieking quietly and looking at him "is it him is it him?!??! yes its him yes its him! Safin!! ahjhhhasdhahhhhh!??!?!" and then he went into a cab. Wasted camera opp if u ask me. And i would have preferred to come across Sharapova. Duh.

So back to business. i mean busyness. Yup so i've got the week's homework on my shoulders, do be completed tonight. Thank god my class is late, at 1100, so i have some morning time, but then i do have a spanish test coming up on wednesday. 2 weeks of one language and i have a listening test. The spanish teachers are sadist if u ask me. Looks like it might hurt my GPA.

My econs statistics is going well. Still can remember vaguely P(Z) and the normal graph. But over here they solve probs with a superb graphic calculator. It costs 80 USD but it shortens the time needed to solve these normal problems by about 8 to 10 times. Just press [Normalcdf(w,x,y,z) where w is lower limit, x is upper limit, y is mean, and z is standard deviation, and u get the percentage. Brilliant huh. And theres an [invNorm] function as well. Screw the table and P(Z). But i do feel empowered knowing the basis of the function.

I won't join the biathlon team yet. I think i'll join beginner swimming first since they learn freestyle here first. And i can't freestyle more than 50M. So. Of course i think they could trans me to intermediate if they think im good enough. But lets take it easy first. Then we'll see how it goes.

Oh and btw Lidome thanks for my present in 2001, remember the playboy t-shirt? that day i wore it to school, 5 people (4 girls and a guy) said "nice shirt!" and that made my day. Yup missed u guys and kailing's birthday. Thanks for the watch im wearing it everyday, to meiyin and sang thanks for the book, i'm hardly sweating here =). Reading abit each day, soon i'm not going to sweat anymore. Ok its time i started work. Thanks guys for posting on my tag. It means alot to me if u guys post even if i haven't updated. Love you all.



To the mountains, anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home