Wednesday, September 07, 2005

2nd day of school



Just got this foto from Melvyn my DS. Recently got his MSN... and these fotos from thailand training. Miss those days.

And this is my living room :


There's Emilee Maheep Sara and Mattie in my living room. Maheep's my suit mate, and the 3 girls are from the room down the hallway on the same floor. They visit pretty often.. For boggle or cards or gamecube... Its the community living that makes the money u spend in a dorm worth it. The pictures on the wall are actually crayon drawings. Cos our walls were so dull and we couldn't paint them, so brenen got the idea of sending out crayons and construction paper to everyone in the building to contribue a picture to our crayon collage. And so it grows. I added some pictures to it recently but its not up.

My other suitmate is Angelo. My mistake, i thought he was hispanic from his name, but hey what do i know. He's of italian descent and loves the Goodfellas. I haven't got his picture yet it'll be up sometime.

First day of school and got notice of a TEST for mid eastern cultures happening next week. After that, wrote an essay in class and received another essay for homework. Bollocks man.

Second day of school and i attend my first ever Spanish class. I think it's gonna be a nightmare. Y tu mama tambien. Just kidding =) I did want to take jap but then it was squeezed full, so i took spanish instead. Considering that Spanish is one of the 5 most commonly/widely spoken languages in the world, and i already know english and chinese... Maybe next jap and then hindi. My friend Grace (RJ junior) can speak Korean Japanese Chinese Hokkien English. Like cunning East Asian linguist man. I gotta be more like Shiming the master debater. (ref. Goldmember) So i spent this morning going to chinatown with auntie cheng, got a mini tour of chinatown. Its a heck lot larger than the san fran one, and more smelly. When i went again after Spanish to get stuff for cooking i got misoriented and couldn't quite remember where the malaysian supermarket was. I need to get my hands on that mai fun. But i got earphones from the dollar store, as well as a strainer, chopsticks, doorstops, and 64 crayons + construction paper. Must ask auntie cheng again.

Then i spent the rest of the day trying to figure out spanish cos the work is due tomorrow, and the teacher is not going to conduct the lesson in english. I do hope that she would conduct it in Chinese then, or else its gonna be a huge waste of time for me. I stood there trying to figure out what she was saying today, and by the time i figured the first sentence the class was over. So much for Beginner Spanish 1. I'm gonna do it... I hope. What will the third day bring?!

I'll bet its more homework.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Thu Sep 08, 02:08:00 AM 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eh kin, so i see uni has gotten u busy right away eh. haahaa..the spanish class is hilarious tho. Perhaps ur goal for the next class could be to make out the first 2 sentences before the class is over! =p Anyway, take good care of urself ya!

Fri Sep 09, 11:30:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home