Monday, September 25, 2006

Reunions

I was looking through the "my downloads" folder on my computer when i came across this picture:



And then it made me pause and wish that we had taken a similar foto of us back in sec1 and sec2. It was a great reunion that day at Mrs Soh's for us to see one another after such a long time. Its funny how so much has happened since Sec 2 (1998). 8 years man. Yet some things never really change. Take Joel for example: he looks exactly the same as he did in Sec2, as do most of us i guess, just maybe 20 cm shorter then.

I always enjoy reunions. Meeting old friends and classmates and stuff. For some reason, a small gathering may feel awkward, but a big one like this one always seems so comfortable. Like a mini time warp back to the "good ol days".

Maybe thats why i always like going out with study group even though sometimes i feel reserved because i might not feel like i have anything to say, yet the feeling of being all together again and catching up and looking back all at the same time, its just a marvellous feeling.

Family's not excluded from this either. I love meeting my uncles and aunties, cousins and grandparents. Even if i seldom talk to my grandparents (perhaps its the language/age barrier) just seeing them and exchanging a word or two over dinner makes me really happy, and i'd hope its the same for them too. Wahhh... Cousins i miss you all man. Looking forward to seeing you guys again at the next cousin outing (whenever that will be).

And of course, DaddyO, AhMua, Fluffy, Leafy, Fuzzy and Lyn. I love you all and can't wait to be back home again. Even if we never talk all the time, its just a great feeling being home when everyone's around. Its as if we exchange vibes. Man, chinese new year is going to be so lonely here in NY. At least Estelle is here =)

Damn, i wonder when my next reunion is going to be.

Ok its 7am, i just finished some work for the day, and i'm going to get ready for class.

PS. groups and people i didn't mention, it doesn't mean i don't miss you all ok. Sheesh so sentimental. *shiver*

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice entries Crum. I liked the poem, the photo story, and of course the recent mushy piece.

It's my 4th day of leave in a row to study for the damn GRE, which is on Oct 2. I have relinquished the chance to obsess over choosing my cake and place to eat dinner. Mua will choose for me. Dinner will be after the exam. Mua says my Chinese birthday coincides with Fuzzymutt's bday - Oct 6, Fri. Maybe we'll go out on that day.

Ok back to studying. Enough slacking.

Thu Sep 28, 02:56:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Kinfoong said...

thanks leafy. sorry i didnt call back. but i'll certainly blog more

Sat Sep 30, 11:52:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home