Wednesday, September 06, 2006

First Day

Well just had my first day of school since coming back to new york, and i guess it was nice. Saw 2 impossible people, one from my floor and one from my Money and Banking class. Well impossible, because they look so good they can't possibly exist. Anyway, it was kinda nice getting back into the swing of things.

Had lunch with Daryl and Cliff today, and realised something: I'm not sure i'm going where i want to be. Or perhaps, i'm not sure of where i want to be. We talked about stuff.. How things were going, how we were going where we wanted to, and what we needed to get there, and i realised that i'm not sure i wanted to go where i thought i was going to go. Maybe its that thing about living 2 lives: Kin(SG) wants to go someplace and Kin(NY)somewhere else. Very creepy.

Its kinda weird how 3.5 mths just went past like that, and i lived another life. Momentarily, a life with some semblance of purpose, of dreams. I was not one to dream, until i saw a nightmare. My dream book is still empty. Maybe i need to talk to Peter Cox. And im just sitting here, waiting for someone, to hook me up to the fast track.

I'm not sure what i want to say right now. I'm taking this course called expressive cultures: Words, and the Prof was saying that the thing about words and the feelings they convey is that sometimes, the words generate the feelings in the reader, and sometimes its the feelings that inspire the words. Very chicken and egg. And of course, there is a range of emotion that words can only hope to express, that of the intense personal experience. That leaves words to express emotions or feelings of the lesser kind, the common kind. Well words aren't coming to me right now for the things i want to express, and i'm glad this works to my advantage in the sense that i now don't appear to have a sub-par vocab that hinders my range of expression. Then again i do admit to having a sub-par vocab heh.

Ok its 3am. Gotta wake up in 6 hours. 5 if i want breakfast. I want to make my power breakfast!!

Will update more. I hate being in a state of emotional turmoil.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Crum,

You may not have found what you want, but I think u are making progress! Way to go! You are doing things and discovering more about youreslf and what u want along the way, instead of doing nothing and discovering nothing.

Now at least you know there are 2 options you'd consider instead of 0. This is good, not bad! I'd be intersted to hear you out if you're interested to tell.

About vocabs, I have no less than 5 vocab books. Some have puzzles and stuff which make it more fun. Feel free to get them from me when u come back. I know about 1000 more words than I did a year ago, though might not be able to use all of them. Still pretty cool I think.

We had more seafood on Daddyo's Bday - Western seafood. Pretty good food, Greenwood Fish Market and Bistro. Everyone liked it, and Mua esp. was raving about not putting on weight despite eating a lot of seafood there. My food/restaurant research paid off!

We also had 4 diff. slices & flavours of cheesecake from the Cheesecake Cafe. Ddo and I both loved the RUm & Raisin. You'd love it too. Feefee did't, as expected. I expect to eat more of your rum & raisin & coconut icecream this weekend. Hehe!

Wish you could join us on all these food escapades. Good food with the family makes everyone happy. But at least I think you have no lack of your own.

Luvluv,
Leafy

Fri Sep 08, 08:25:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Kinfoong said...

thanks leafy always nice to hear a word of encouragement from you. i guess i'm kinda going somewhere then... we'll just see where the road takes me.

good on the food. i want food too.

Fri Sep 08, 10:29:00 AM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Crum,

Thanks for replying. Nice to see you reply too. I think all of us figuring out what we want to do, including Faffy.

Much good food this birthday season but I taking GRE on Oct 2. Must not let myself get too caught up with which cake/restaurant etc.

BTW: I found another good blackforest cake for u. Next year we'll order from there.

Luv,
Leafy

Mon Sep 11, 06:04:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home