Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Thoughts

Sept 11 passed in NYC without much happening. I took some pictures of the NY fire dept outside my dorm, with the flag at half mast, and bouqets lying quietly by the road. There were 2 candles by the bouquets, of which many were brightly coloured (like the lives of those they commemmorated), 2 candles which burnt throughout the day.

Nothing much happened in Palladium Suite 911 either. It was just an ordinary day, yet a day that changed the world (the US at least think that the states = the world). I thought that if the US followed the date system of ddmmyy like the rest of the world instead of mmddyy, then we might be commemmorating November the 9th.

Just thinking that it's been 5 years since we all saw for ourselves the two planes crashing into the towers, the collapse, the trauma, the news, and all of that. And i think: What's happened to our lives since then? Have our lives changed much?

I guess alot must have happened to each and every one of us in the last 5 years, whether we choose to remember it or not, whether we do think each and every event worthy of mention.

Where do you see yourselves 5 years from now? Going back to school has somehow whitewashed my eyes. What i see is determined by the people around me. And that's scary. I still want to smell freedom. Not just freedom to live, but freedom to be. That's something else entirely different, and that's something that's gonna cost.

Freedom isn't free.

Its september the 13th today. (Which is kailing's birthday) And school has more or less started full swing. I haven't been feeling the brunt of the school workload yet but i know its going to come really soon. I'm glad i'm not dotaing anymore but even then i'm still occupied. I wonder why.

Back to work, its 1130pm

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

we must chat in oct when we meet in NY. I have a lot of thoughts about this which is difficult for me to capture in writing.

Shan

Sat Sep 16, 02:35:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Kinfoong said...

ok =)

Mon Sep 18, 10:11:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home