Sunday, March 01, 2009

Time has passed but some things still hurt

I think most of you who know me well would know me as someone who deals with the hurt, puts it away, and hopefully looks back and smiles/laughs at how the past was different; that we have changed with time, that these are now fond memories that have changed us--for better or for worse, we have changed nonetheless.

I had a 4 hour chat earlier with a dear friend from the past, and we spent a good part of that time talking about the past, and how things have changed for us. A good other part of the time was spent debating stuff, mostly trivial with regard to ourselves, and we found out through these unstructured debates that we really have changed, and that somehow interaction with each other was still different from that which we have with other people.

I thought it would be ok to venture back into the past and laugh about it; we did, in fact, but the part that bugs me is that I never really had full closure about the whole thing, as I had earlier believed until the past got dredged up--my fault, I like reminiscing.

Do I still feel hurt? Nope. Do I wish I hadn't brought it up? Nope. Did it hurt? Yeah. Do I regret anything about the call? Nope.

Guess its just part of growing up, moving on, and taking things in stride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home