Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Nothing to talk about

Guys forget painful memories by compartmentalising. They deal with it by putting it aside on a shelf, almost never talking about it, then slowly let the dusts of time settle all over it, hoping that someday it will be obscured, forgotten, decomposed...

But they never really forget about it. It becomes a part of them, carried along the passage of time, deep in their bones. And they change forever, whether they realise it or not.


***********


JD says that heavy drinkers tend to prefer white wines to red wines. He has a couple of examples, and so do I. I do believe however, that its untrue--but have no examples to back me up. Anyone?


***********


Found on a classroom table in RI years ago: Sex is bad, sex is sin. Sins are forgiven, so sex is in.



***********


If I should come to have my own place one day (which I certainly hope I do), I would like to have a Scottish Fold cat and a Mini Schnauzer. No dog right now can really replace Fuzzy, whom I love lots, but once a Schnauzer owner, always a Schnauzer owner. I pay more attention to my dog than my mom. And that's not very good.


***********


I would rather die younger than live to a ripe old age fraught with disability, inconvenience, and the pain of restricted freedom and dignity. Perhaps that explains the way I live my life. Whether or not I still think like that 40 years down the road remains to be seen.


***********


Parents should never have to bury their children. That is how life should be. Grieving is done by the young for the old, who have to pass on. Having it the other way is just a tragedy, no matter how you see it.


***********


This seems to be a better collection of random thoughts than my '25 random things' entry on Facebook.


***********


Axe: You really know what burns my ass? A flame about this high.
SF: *ring* Hello? For the last time, I am a dreadlord, not a druglord!


***********


I have to sleep earlier.


***********


Looking forward to a KTV session with an old friend. We'll see what happens tomorrow.


***********


Ah Pek with no tattoos

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home