Monday, October 23, 2006

2 hours to d-day h-hour

Yes. its 6am and i'm still awake looking at this computer screen. the why is answered by my insanity. nope, i'm not just going crazy for no reason. it's just that i feel the need to stay awake to brush up my points of intellectual knowledge in the realms of words (Woolf) and poverty & income distribution (Wolff).

2 midterms, one after the other
one starting at 8 and the other not long after
my ordeal ends at 11 for this day alone
by my last midterm i shall have become stone

even my poems suck now. gosh. i'm feeling paranoid now and i don't know if red bull is the solution. i figured since i frequently miss the 8am call, i would fare better not sleeping and getting to the exam venue WAY before time, with red bull in my veins and the 2 lycans in my synapses. however it's been awhile since i last pulled an all-nighter, and i can only be thankful that i spend a significant amount of this weekend sleeping in preparation for this moment.

what happened to robo-kin? i didn't have to sleep much before, seems like my batteries are getting old. or it could be that i hardly exercise nowadays (exercising judgement doesn't quite make the cut) and my muscles are giving up on my young, haggard body. or maybe i just haven't been drinking as much coffee as i used to: yes, i drank because i needed to. no, coffee isn't bad for you. its a tradeoff for accomplishing more in your hours awake, against the "shortcomings" of extensive caffeine addiction (which i have not quite suffered). coffee made me beautiful (see one of my entries last year about coffee) then, and i have given up on makeup. hope this desperate makeover saves my ass today. up till 11am at least.

too frail, this human body is. we plow our bodies through the harshest of trials and tribulations. alcohol and smoke and pollution and sleepless nights and insane tests of muscular fortitude and endurance. and we fail to realise that when the growing slows down as it does in every ageing post-teen adolescent, we atone for the sins we commit on this old body.

tell me i'm not cranky, tell me i'm not insane
it's just an electrical fault in my cell membrane
my brain is wired tight
my eyes are losing sight
my fingers are trembling too
i never thought i'd look like you
and so the exams beckon
i'll do fine i reckon

or so i hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home