Thursday, October 13, 2005

Burning out + fotos

And it seems to me, you lived your life like a candle in the wind....

And as the leaves on the trees start to fall... Encouraged by the wind that bites and chills with ferocity, along with his faithful companion, rain, the days of autumn in New York have started to set in. I start to shiver at 2am in the night as i make my pilgrimage to Mickey D's (Macs) for brain food. Or brainless food. Relentlessly, I shiver my way there. my legs wobble into the warmth of Mr MacDonald's, i grab a large fries and nuggets.

I gobble the food down in no time, with chili sauce from the supermarket. Amazingly, it makes a good substitute from the familiar taste of MacDonald's garlic chili sauce. Colleen refuses to try the 'hot sauce' (thats what everyone here calls it--I say chili sauce they think im crazy). Maybe it was because there was that time at 2am when we were taking a break from essays, i suggested that each of us chew up a chili padi and swallow the stuff. Heep, Angelo, Charlotte, Brenen and I had a good time trying to quell the hots with Ice, Water, Vanilla icecream, and Crackers (which did the trick). It was nice eating the icecream with a chili tongue though. It also cemented my reputation as a crazy commando... But nevertheless back to the main story. So I get back to work. I pore over the essay due the next day. I battle with the 'z' monster again in my efforts to be a conscientious student. I succumb to the charms of Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery.

I wake up on time for work, but decide that sleep would be a better option at the time. I wake again, to find myself late for a lecture. So i make my way down, catch the lecture, take in all i can whilst shivering from the drenched clothes that my jacket couldnt cover. I wish the clouds and wind could take a holiday... I see 10 broken umbrellas on the road everyday, and wonder when my umbrella will join the ranks of these fallen heroes. I wonder when the brainless food will stop fuelling my night raids through the neighbourhood and my kitchen. I eat 4 meals a day, 3 of them after sunset.

"One day," Brenen tells me, "you will burn out." I beg to differ, yet i know that commandos are humans too. I tell him, "I run on batteries."

"I don't know how you do it Kin, I can't do without my sleep"

Neither do I.

Coffee and Red Bull are but frail attempts to give me temporal sanity. Temporal illusionment. Temporal enlightenment. By no means a staple, they hardly work on me anymore. Anyone with a better drink? Chili is not an option.

I sleep every econs stats lesson. Not because i want to, but because math is the subject that gets my brain into its own world. Sometimes i find that trying to write to stay awake is bullshit. Writing and taking notes makes me wanna sleep more. Numerous ink blots have convinced me that when tired, i should use a ball point. I should use a ball point all the time. I guess it helps that ive done most of that stats stuff before.

GETGETGETGETGETGETGETGETGETGETGETGETGET
GETGETGETGETGETGETGETGETGETGETGETGETGET
GETGETGETGETGETGETGETGETGETGEGETGETGEGET
EGETETETETGETGETGETEGETGETGETGEEGEGETGETGET

get cracking!

oh and the fotos that should have been there.


EM and ME at Kenka (good drinking/eating Japanese place)


Lindsay's Birthday


At times square after watching Claire Yeo's piano recital


Squirrels in the sunshine... When the sun still shone.


where are my batteries? solar power ah?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home