Wednesday, October 12, 2005

AnGrY MaNgRy

Title's yours feef.

Angry because i didn't do well for my last spanish test.
Angry because i can't spend my time right.
Angry because i keep having so many essays to do.
Angry because i need hugs.
Angry because i need to save.
Angry because i have no discipline.
Angry because i think Keira should stop flashing her boobs in movies.
Angry because i miss Fuzzy Mutt
Angry because i miss my darling.

I got a 73.5, which happens to be a C. or C-. Absolutely disgusting if u ask me, i did so much worse than my first test (B+). Not that i don't put in the effort, but that was my week with 3 papers, this one being the first and least important (but that's besides the point). It sure is a wake up call though, and hell yeah i have to be the mugger toad that i never was. I wish i was a mugger. I'd be proud of it. But i just fail so miserably to mug successfully. One of the Singaporeans here is nicknamed "Bobst King" (He spends day and night in Bobst Library). But hey, if he can do well, so can i man.

Time. My 4 day weekend passed without a trace. As usual, homework left till the night of the last day. Why? For a myriad of reasons that made some sense, but i should stop excusing myself. Work harder u stupid peon! So that u can spend one day a week sleeping before 12. And get ur 'A's.

I did say right? i get one essay every tuesday and thursday. Its a requirement for my writing the essay class (its compulsary) and thats not even including spanish essays (or diary entries, as they cleverly disguise it), or Middle Eastern essays which i could be passionate about. One day to think, one night to burn. And my class is faster than my peers'. And just because my teacher was a tennis pro circuit player doesn't make the job more cool. Even though shes a nice person.

I got a hug from Em when she came over for her long weekend. It was nice getting hugs from a familiar friend(before NYU), and i miss those alot. As in i miss hugs from you guys and gals back in Singapore and wherever else you maybe.

I like hugs.

Its wonderous what a hug can do, A hug can cheer you when you're blue.
A hug can say 'I love you so'... Or, 'I hate to see you go'.
A hug is 'Welcome back again!' And 'Great to see you!' or 'Where've you been?'
A hug can soothe a small child's pain, and bring a rainbow after rain.
The hug! There's just no doubt about it, We scarcely could survive without it.
A hug delights and warms and charms. It must be why God gave us arms.

-From a present.

I need to save. Its clear that living in New York is expensive; tuition costs a bomb, housing too, asian food, even instant ramen. Its US$0.80 for one packet of kimchi ramen. And sometimes i think theres no point living on instant noodles, but food costs alot more... Which keeps me eating the same stuff all the time. Cooking is a problem cos i don't do it all the time, i don't have a well stocked kitchen. And a normal sized bubble tea with pearls here is US$3.75 without tax. Go figure.

Time and discipline is related. Discipline dictates time. I have neither. I need to master myself. Its a struggle i've fought for so long, and yet in the belly of the beast i find myself unable to perform. Army teaches you nothing. It only gives u a chance for reflection. And many stories to tell. Or bitch about. Well... maybe it does... when i'm in a good mood. I remember that time before i arrived in NY, I did something which gave me a sense of empowerment... it was a wonderful feeling. I thought i wouldn't lose it. I thought i had discipline.

I just watched Domino for free, it was a screening for newspaper editors and reviewers i think. So i queued for extra tix and got them. The movie's received crappy reviews and after watching it i do agree that theres alot of shit in that movie. Not that she didn't act her role well or anything. The script was just bollocks. The problem is that Tony Scott (Ridley's brother i think) tries too hard to incorporate too many elements in the story, and it turns out like shit. Not every movie needs "love scenes", not every movie needs explosions, not every movie needs a climatic shootout finale. Not every movie needs a partial nude scene. She's a good enough actor with a kickass accent "Put your f*cking weapon down!" and abs AND BUTT millions would die for. So why flash her tits? Her figure and poise alone is enough to drive many guys fantasizing about her for the next few days or so, so why flash? She may look amazingly attractive during scenes like these but hey, if the scene is irrelevant, don't put the damn scene in. Thats what i hate about hollywood movies nowadays. I'd say the if the movie had more focus, slightly less subplot, and NO desire whatsoever to end the movie in a shootout (even though Keira + 2 Carbines = Wa... *Drool*) it would have been a whole load better. The movie started well and ended in a cesspool of blood. Cesspool cos its meaningless. DISAPPOINTMENT. Good try though Keira, just keep your boobs covered for your fans that truly care about you. You're still my idol.




I miss Fuzzy. My folks bought a cake and a pork knuckle for her 1st Birthday. They ate the cake of course. But i bet Fuzzy was content just to have that knuckle. I love her so much i'll die if she doesn't recognise me next year when i get home. Everytime i see a dog here, i feel so happy... like touched by a saint or something. and some of the dogs here are really really so cute! my goodness reminds me totally of Fuzzy as a puppy. I only wish we'd taken more fotos of her.. but then we could never hold her still anyway.





Its hard having a long distance relationship. For every imaginable reason. Not that i'm about to give up or anything... You just wonder how much of each other's lives u're missing out on. a 12 hour time difference makes it a hell lot harder as well. Skype isn't perfect (for some reason i keep hearing Huishan's voice in loud echoes = unintelligible darling) and my fone is screwy. And the weekday work is evilly heavy. And i miss her hugs and kisses too. How?

ok its late enough for me to start working. for some reason i cant study or work till the wee hours. manageable, but i forsee burnout. and the rainy weather for the past week has worn me out too. i want a massage. i want dota. i want good grades. i want rest. i want discipline. i want my hugs. i want fuzzy. i want family. i want my darling.

i want to go to work.

PS. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY FRIENDS WITH RECENT BIRTHDAYS THAT I HAVEN'T ANNOUNCED. I've never announced any birthdays have i? Joanna, Longjin, Kailing, Khairil, Bren, Cheewei, Em, Lindsay and Meiyi.

And im angry cos im trying to put more fotos on this post but somehow its not working. PUNDEH.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Crum, Muazy and i are reading your blog. We will call you sometime this weekend. About Spanish, consider changing it to Pass/Not pass, and remember to check the deadline for doing this. BTW, Muazy bought fuzzy TWO PORK KNUCKLES!!!!!!!!! Not one, but TWO!!!!!! Muahahahahahaha.........
Muazy still waiting for your bank info. Read the email she sent you. Muazy said confirm return thing need to arrange the air ticket lor.

Sat Oct 15, 12:27:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home