Sunday, December 04, 2005

Just another update

Another busy weekend. Difference is, its saturday night and i'm doing something about it! Hooray! Bad thing is, i'm only doing something about it now. I should have started earlier today, but my body requested that i catch up on sleep. So i woke up only in time for dinner. Then spent some time with the Sg ppl, namely Soumi Grace Ian Cliff Xinyi and Cheryl. Watched serendipity. made me think alot about love and what its all about. Is there really that someone out there who's meant for you? I disagree actually, that there just might be that SOMEONE. Rather i believe it could be a number of Anyones, and maybe we get to meet one of the Anyones who eventually becomes our Someone.

I've been thinking of contacting my RSS friends, people i knew when i was 7,8,9 years old. People like Elaine Ho, Gary Tan, Barry/Berry Soh, Gaston Ang, Goh Yifei among others. I saw gaston's profile on friendster, and an RSS friendster group, and am trying to find the people who once meant so much to me. Its funny thinking about how times have changed in the past 12 years. Who i was then and who i am now. What if i'd never gone to the GEP after primary 3? Would i have gone to RI? Would i have known the people that i have? Would i have got into GEP again? So many questions that cannot be answered. I only wish that back then they had the internet in common usage and that emails and ICQ were available. I remember emails entering the scene only in 95/96. So... All the people from 93 and before are merely images of my past. Fond memories.

I managed to contact Gary and we actually had a short correspondence of messages over Friendster, the long lost web service that brought many joys. I remember him as a skinny guy, one of the fastest in class. He doesn't remember me though. That made me realise once again that everybody has a different take on the things that happen around us. I had a change of environment, and i gladly hung on my memories of school in RSS. They didn't and their memories lived on, moved on, and were gradually modified. To me, RSS means long lost friends, football/running in that huge field, alot of chinese, buying erasers from the bookshop and being a good student. I'm sure i could have been outstanding in that school if i had remained. Yet probably to the others in class, RSS could mean good lifelong friends, power in the prefectorial board, great teachers and fond memories of the canteen. Though its been a long time since i last set foot in RSS, a part of me tells me never to forget that i was once a proud student of the school. I have made no contribution to the school or the students there for we were all too young, yet it has taught me much about life in my early years as a student. I received lessons about life from the school bus bully (who i did manage to contact too) to the teachers that shaped my perception of the world. Thanks, and thanks again. I only wish i could find all of you and thank you over lunch for being a part of my life.

Yes i should be working on my essay. Gotta rewrite my Progression 1 essay (aiming to Ace it) and work on my Progression 3 essay (ongoing in class). And then my stats stuff (linear regression). But this has been a good finger warming exercise.

Before i end, a belated RIP to wrestler Eddie Guerrero and footballer George Best. Though i never followed both of them enough to fully appreciate their dedication to their passion, they will be remembered for their contributions to their passions. Heroes. Ok enuf bulling. And btw who is JL who commented on my last post? ID urself to me please.. =) perhaps with a memory if not a name.

Which reminds me. To all you friends out there, here's a task for you. Write something that comes to mind when you think of me. The prevailing image or memories that come to mind. This is part of an effort to know myself better, by seeing myself through your eyes. Thanks everyone, and peace out.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree that there's more than a SOMEONE. Real love develops from experience and interactions and there can be more than one great relationship.

Sun Dec 04, 08:02:00 AM 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

U had a sch bus bully too? u never told me about it. im sure u noe i had a tremendous bully in pri sch in the bus too. haha thot i was alone in this.

Sun Dec 04, 07:01:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Kinfoong said...

heh funny that the 2 of u chose to reply about different things. how about the last part? what do u remember of me?

Sun Dec 04, 07:38:00 PM 2005  
Blogger emiri said...

kin, i guess our friendship is the "youngest" since i only got to know you after J2. but the late night dota-s and after-dota chats i treasure very much. it made me realise you're a kindred spirit :) you're a good buddy!

Fri Dec 09, 10:33:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home