Monday, November 07, 2005

Yikes

yikes my eyes are going crazy. You know how when we take fotos sometimes we get red-eye? well i just came back from class, sat down to see whats up on my blog, and guess what: some words on my blog turned red. Its not red when u focus on it, but its hella red when its my within my peripheral vision. Whats up? lack of sleep?

Anyway, thot i'd say something about spanish class today. Got an 86 for the test i took last week. It so happens that for one of the questions, its asking for the favourite food of mice. So considering that back at old Jalan Limau Kasturi and locally the rats and mice go for rice (besides the fact that mice rhymes with rice), i totally forgot that western mice eat cheese and nothing else. So i conveniently lost 1.5 marks for some cultural differences. I brought it to my teacher, and explained the situation (at the suggestion of my classmate, even though i didn't expect anything), to which she wrote in red ink at the side in Singapore and marked it correct. So my B became a B+, and thats a good thing, no?

Got back my 2nd Middle Eastern Midterm, got a good A for that (am rather pleased) as i did organise my essay well this time. Even though Grace and I spent 3 hours the previous night on 2 other questions, and just 10 min preparing the one i did, i felt i couldnt remember all the stuff we researched, so i went for the easier one (to throw smokes at). Commando training paid off, and now i get an A average for both midterms! Go me! (reminisce Lord of the Gays, i should post this up sometime)

Oh dudes and dudettes reading this, if u're always wondering why i'm talking about my grades online, it really is also due to the fact that i don't call home all that often, and thus i can keep them updated with my progress online. It kinda spurs me to do well too... Boost my image, no? Given my horrible grades in JC... I actually feel quite empowered by nice looking grades. I guess i'm at Aura of Zhainess skill level 1. (+ 2 marks per smoke bomb)

I'm miffed at Orbitz.com as they didn't have singapore as one of the countries to pay from. Wasting my time. I think i'll be leaving for Peru on the night of the 23rd, so visitors to NYC who do plan to meet me, please take note and update accordingly. I will also not be back in NYC until next year, around the 14th or so. Will be in California after new year till then, so take note accordingly.

Damnit this blogger is stopping me from uploading pictures. I'm so gonna flood this server with fotos when its up again. MUAHAHAHAHAH!

Ok time to work. I forsee tough times this week. Work work work.

Nos vemos, ¿eh? ¡Adiós!
¿Tú hablas español?

1 Comments:

Blogger xiaocow said...

老鼠爱大米!

Mon Nov 07, 09:11:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home