Sunday, November 13, 2005

Randomity 3490.24640295

I just can't get my ass down to working and doing the shit i'm supposed to be doing. I mean like every damn thursday night i tell myself: "Hey! Be a man! Do the right thing!" Every damn wednesday i dread the coming of the weekend. Sure i love school more than the weekends, but then the weekends just suck because i always fall short of my personal expectations.

I expect to do this! do that! complete this! finish that! And then what happens instead? I sleep (gotta catch up week's sleep, this one boh pian), i blogsurf (my favourite computer activity besides Dota and msn-ing), i dota (got incentive because i got recruited by clan MMK (ma-ma-monsterkill) on USEast, and i watch movies (this weekend i caught Van Wilder, the college movie that actually has some sort of a story and purpose, starring the lead actor and supporting actor (cant remember who), Tara Reid, and Kal Penn (aka Kumar)) I don't do Spanish everyday like i said i wanted to. I'm basically screwing myself over the weekend because its so short, yet its 3 whole days. Yet its so short. Its shorter than the 2 day weekends I experienced back in Sg as a student (not shorter than the 2 days as an NSF), shorter than the butt of a cigerette. Its so short it burns. Someone repair my wings.


My tribute to Gunther, edited by Heep

So. What's got me all riled up this time? Something called an economic stats midterm. Well if there's one thing i've learnt from econs stats, its that i should never take another 450-610 class, because i can't last the day. The damn problem is that its hard to find nice clases that fit perfectly in between each other. I hate it when i get class break class break class break class. Cos that wastes 4.5 hours for me, when i could actually just have class class class class and shiok away. Back to the econs stats midterm, i just can't stay awake during that damned class. Doesn't matter whether i take a doubleshot espresso before i enter that throne of the Z monster, doesn't matter if i had 7 hours of sleep the night before. Just like in JC, the ink from my pen trails off into illegible scraws, patterns only the unconscious mind is capable of producing. It's all over my econ stats notes, the blotches prove it. Just like econs lecture in JC. Jamie Reeves was damn good, but even then sometimes my writing just trails off to random inkmarks. Even the "fill in the blanks" in Helen Tan's notes were also filled with unintelligible pen scratchings. Its like you can see the beginning of the word, and then halfway the letters just stop forming, like "EConmmmmmm......i__'^__r-----"

So i don't have enough examples to refer to. I missed the Chi Square test lecture cos the night before i was rushing essay and didn't sleep at all, and i figured i'd sleep in the class anyway so i went home for a nap instead. Sadly, the economics textbook does little justice explaining the test, so I'm just trying to make some sense of the crap that's posted online.


an artsy foto i took a few weeks back after giving tuition at "The Door"

And then being online, we all know that looking at facebook or other ppl's blogs or ebaum's world or humorcentral.net are all more fun than trying to make sense of a chi square test. I stumbled upon this blog at bleedingblackbutterflies.blogspot.com, and just looked. I savoured Hanting's weekend double bill of humour. I caught up with Desmond Yeo's fantastic life in Columbia. And i look again and again at myself in the mirror



and then i realised that i look rather pissed at everything thats been going on. Even though life's been good to me, and everyone around me has made life worth living. So whats up? What am i feeling? Why am i so worked up about a midterm for? Just study and do your best, have no regrets! Quit blogging and go do it now! And so i thought i should.

I get so tired fighting myself. I remember some time ago, i wrote on the board (at my desk): Reconcile what you want to do with what you have to do. Have i been doing that? I tried some time ago, with fruitful results, but as we all know, prolonged periods of studying actually distort our minds, and make us think that studying is all a joke and results aren't that important. That what we want is just to enjoy life now cos nothing is forever. But then we study hard now to open doors for our future right? To ensure that we can have a comfortable life with the money we earn. Just for the investment of some time now to reap the benefits of opened doors and opportunities. Sometimes i wish i was more grade conscious. I wish i got high everytime i got an A. Maybe that would really motivate me to keep studying and aceing my tests. I pressure myself so much to study, yet my brain stares at my computer, a heap of nua tang. If i could yearn to study and mug like a... Chao mugger, perhaps life wouldn't be so tiring. Cos then i'd have reconciled my needs with my wants.


3 layered pork from the Korean restaurant i ate at last night. Was very good.

Us SSA ppl eating at the Korean Restaurant. It was also Xinyi's birthday. Strangely, the left side of the table are non-Singaporeans and the right side are Singaporeans.


Ok enuf talking about all this shit. its 9pm and its time to mug. Inspired by my friend Gabriel. He said:

i always respected you for what you have and who you are.. you will definitely make it big in the future.. and you know that what ya doin now is peanuts.. you have what it takes to see it through.. not only see it through.. but excel in it.. For Honour and Glory!! hahaha

And so the fight continues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home