Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Heng ah! i thought my previous post didnt register! Lucky me lucky me thats one thing less to fret about. looks like im starting to get into the blogging routine. Dear friends keep me going strong and interesting with comments! Be anonymous if you want to, just need to know what u guys and gals think. My inspirations!

So its 4:13am now. I've got a headache and i've gotta go to the zoo tomorrow morning... i volunteered to take some disadvantaged kids to the zoo. Well i guess its in things like these that some of us find purpose in living, cos u know u're making the difference. Well i hope that i won't be too sleepy to be that person who makes THAT difference to some kid. Or be too grumpy and make the wrong kind of difference. I guess its irresponsible to be waking 2 hours later for this kind of thing. However i was being responsible by finishing most of my stuff for my visa apps. However i was being irresponsible by playing dota after i finished. But everyone needs an escape right?

Dota is my Alt-Ctrl-Del button to things that go wrong in my day. Stubbed my toe? Dota and i feel no pain. Scolded by others? Dota and i feel no anger. Feelings got hurt? Dota and i feel happy as a lark... at least for awhile. Unfortunately running dota takes alot of system resources from me... especially time, which we are all short of. I can't multitask and dota, i can't talk on the phone and dota, i cant listen and dota. But i can thrash some noob arse in dota. I can help my team win a game of dota. I can bond with this group of gamers that have meant more to me with every game together. From strangers to friend's friends, from friend's friend to good friend... Thats how i'd describe one of my friends i treasure today... My listening ear, my Google search toolbar, my mirror on the wall. Things just seem better after talking to that friend. I only hope im as good a friend, and as delightful to talk to. Thanks a ton.

Speaking of tons, heres a lousy joke that got me smiling:


Q: Whats the heaviest noodle in the world?

A: One Ton Mee
(Wan ton mee for those of u who are slower than Xinyi)


Q: Whos the strongest person (lets be objective) in the world?

A: The One Ton Mee seller


Can die right? Crazyness.


So my day today was unexpectedly happy, and yet expectedly sad. U know how the weather can suddenly change from a sunny summer day to a blistering storm in the place called BGR. I guess alot of the time thats cos we're still boys and girls in a relationship. I dont really think i've moved from a BGR to a MWR, i don't think i've really grown that much since i got attached. I still can't handle the stresses of a relationship well. As much as we can all say "its about communication" or "love is commitment", its so much harder than it sounds. Damn u fairytale people who distort truth for all of us. We all hope for a fairy tale ending, but how often does it happen nowadays? 50% of marriages end in divorce (in the States at least), i'm not sure what the figure is in Spore but thats not a pleasant thing at all. Such a far cry from the generation before ours, where hardly any marriages ended in divorce. Not that those weren't unhappy marriages, but rather maybe they knew what they wanted in a relationship. What do i really want? Just to love and be loved. Is that too simplistic? Simple love somehow doesn't seem to exist beyond parental love. Would i be more human if i had more expectations?

Its 4:36 now if i don't go sleep i'll die in front of those kids. Goodnight kids sweet sweet dreams.

"Exit Light/Enter Night
Take my hand
We're off to NeverNeverland"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dota? what the heck is dota?? some multi-player LAN thing?? it's great though if you've found an activity that helps to cheer u up. me, i watch those cutesy anime stuff and disney cartoons. talk abt wanting to escape reality haha! =)

Mon Jul 04, 02:02:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home