Monday, June 20, 2005

Yay my first post! On my first blog! Something that i always said i wanted to do, but never really got down to doing it. So since my i turned 21 yesterday, that makes me and adult. And with great power comes great responsibility. The power to ignore parental consent forms forever.. HAHAHAH.. So to be a responsible person from now on, i shall attempt to take charge of my life and chronicle it down on this blog so that i can reflect on time past and change for the better... Or so i hope.

So why living 2 contradicting lives? Its cos i feel like a social chameleon. Like two different people in two different situations. I didnt really notice it until the army, but then i knew i was always like this. Just different. Especially the ideal me and the real me. I aspire to lead a life of discipline, to embrace greater responsibility, and reach for the stars where dreams are concerned. However in the course of everyday living i find that i have nothing but disdain for the way i live, for letting life push me around, for not having the courage to make a difference in each day. For not being responsible enough to do the things that are more important first. For warcrafting more than i should (ok this one is a really hard fight). For expecting to be able to rise to the occasion, but failing ever so often. So, I will now stand up. I will say I HAVE ARRIVED. I WILL BEGIN TO LIVE. Not just to exist. But to make the choice, and stick with it. To DARE to make that choice.

So congratulate me on making the choice to live, to be the person i could be, not just the person that was, am, or thought i might be. And millions of thanks to the people around me who made living so much more meaningful than it would otherwise have been. I love you all, you know who u are.

Finally i've done something. And im proud of it.
Hooray me!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i dun think you're alone in having the "ideal me" vs "real me" issue. i dont know what goes on in the life of over-achievers who have everything going for them, but then again, maybe there is no such thing. i've realised its cool to have high expectations of yourself, just dun let them lead you astray into having doubts about your abilities to reach your dreams. cos without hopes & higher aspriations, how can there be progress and improvement? =) haha, this coming from someone who after 3 yrs still blames herself for screwing up the As. but nah, that kind of thing doesn't matter liao, gotta learn to let go of certain things sometimes. and keep smiling & smiling & smiling right? =) (that line should sound familiar to u!)

Mon Jul 04, 02:11:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home