Monday, July 26, 2010

It's been such a long time

Think I should be going
And time doesn't wait for me, it keeps on rollin....


Boston - Long Time/Foreplay



So it's been years since I last blogged proper, really. But in the interest of maintaining my sanity, reflective ability, and just to keep a log of the person I am today, I've decided to carry on like a wayward son till I lay my weary head to rest.


I don't even really know what to talk about or how to blog anymore. Blogging seems like such an ancient art. I mean, today web-art falls mainly in 2 categories: Short statuses/tweets, or youtube videos like Peter Chao. Where does blogging stand in the scheme of things? Nobody has the time or the patience to wade through long ramblings of a weak mind trying to solve an endless puzzle. I shall however attempt to rediscover the lost art of blogging. At least what passes for blogging on this webpage, at the very least.


No pictures needed here anymore because Facebook has all of them. I was considering tracking my life blogging through the "notes" function on Facebook instead of coming back to this old site, but then I am after all, a sentimental fool. Perhaps I'll add one or two just to make the post appear less verbose =D



So... If you should somehow be on this page, whether you know me or not, this is how I used to look.

And below is a picture of how I look now.




Haha ok rather that's how I'm going to look, more or less, come end october. HUSKAR ftw! That also pretty much explains why I have a mohawk in the first place.


On a more serious note, I think I really am in the midst of fighting a crisis... the famous new quarter life crisis. It almost feels like I'm living in limbo. Things don't seem real but they feel real. Or was it the other way around? Well either way time seems to have slowed down... I can almost savour every moment as it passes... Especially when music and company coincide. However, it all rushes by. It's like being in a dream in a dream looking back at reality and seeing how slowly time moves... When in fact it passes so fast it's like a lifetime in limbo passing in a few hours of sleep. Yeah, Inception was a good movie.


Granted, I've got a good life. That I cannot deny. But the biggest enemy of a great life is a good life, and that's what makes me dissatisfied. When you have a good life you lose the drive and motivation to get a great life.

Last night we had a conversation at Arab about motivating forces... Fear and Self Actualisation... And I realised my brain hasn't been used for way too long. Hence, I'm blogging again... to be able to find the words I want to use when I want to use them, to analyse and dissect arguments, or perhaps present them in different light. Be twisty.

Okay this has been long enough I think since I started writing this about half an hour ago I think. Woohoo blogging during work time =D Cheers folks, lets see how long I can keep this up =D

2 Comments:

Blogger .blushfully. said...

I like the way you write, it flows like a river with pebbles and rocks along the way.. with bits and pieces just seem to fit. Keep it up and I'll keep reading =)

Tue Jul 27, 02:36:00 AM 2010  
Blogger Kinfoong said...

thanks babe =D

Tue Jul 27, 04:14:00 AM 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home