Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Things to do in the summer

I thought this up just before class started.

1. Get lean, fit
2. Swim or cycle or run everyday (guess it contributes to 1)
3. Get some sort of a job: internship or job understudy
4. Rethink amway
5. Brush up on Calculus (what for, i don't really know)
6. Read "The Purpose Driven Life"
7. Learn to focus: Do some self-studying
8. Accounting
9. Trading
10. Meet friends
11. Brush up on cantonese, talk to the grandparents
12. NOT DotA everyday

Well i guess there's tons more to do, and perhaps more dreams to pursue. I'd like to take short trips around, learn to surf, things like that. But then again, i'm trying to remain true to my list that i wrote just awhile ago.

In other news:

I've moved on faster than i think i have. I guess i've done alot of growing, and in many ways too. I guess what i do need to learn (time and again) is how to plan for your own future. Perhaps i've been reckless of late, jumping into commitments (like chess or SSA or NYSA) but i do think that there is something to be learned from it. I guess its always been things like these, my side commitments in school that have shaped me so much, and kept me going normal. I just gotta plan them well so that i don't waste too much time on them.

I've learnt to be very much more accepting than i used to be (at least i think so). Perhaps its a growing up thing. Like... After awhile u learn that some things aren't worth holding on to... Certain values, habits, anger and other negative emotions... cos they dont make your life any better. Guess ConWest has been one of those life changing courses. Granted, i haven't given that course my best shot, neither have i read nietzsche from cover to cover, but i've learnt enough to make a positive difference to my life. Its time all of us reassessed what makes us who we are: the values we stand by, the things we want, our purpose. Or at least try to rediscover why you believe what you believe in.

i think i've gone slightly off track. But i've really got some issues i gotta think about. perhaps, in the next entry. but till then, thanks for bearing with this 1 week hiatus.

2 Comments:

Blogger ONLOOKER said...

yea.

when bad experiences happens, you either become bitter or better.

the good thing is, it's your choice.

looking forward for your return!

cheers.
kay

Fri Apr 28, 11:43:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Kinfoong said...

thanks k. i'll see you soon

Sun Apr 30, 12:53:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home