Sunday, March 19, 2006

Recovery

Its been awhile since i wrote a proper post. Something less cryptic, something less like poetry, something less like a melancholic sob. So... Its some updating time!

I spent the week in the Bahamas basically getting myself a tan and drinking till the cows came home. Last night (sat night) marked my 10 straight night of drinking. I think that truly embodies my membership in this club called "i drink on days beginning with the letter t: tuesday, thursday, tomorrow and today".

The Bahamas is a pretty nice place to be. The turquoise water makes u wanna jump in it, cos its clear and you can see the seabed. The sand is fine, and the waves are calm (on the other side, the waves washed over my head =)). Well its a nice place to get a tan, and just chill i guess. Club if you will, but then if you're an Asian guy looking for other Asian girls to club with, make sure you bring your own, cos most white chick springbreakers are just looking for other white guys to hook up with.

That said, it was pretty nice chilling and feeling the sun again, but it seems this spring break took a toll on my body. Too much drinking, and too much sun even. On thursday morning i woke up to find my face swollen, my eyes peeping out of 2 narrow slits. Seems like i broke a huge rash on my face that just became one big swollen mess. I wasn't sure if it was the sun or the alcohol, but i did what i had to, and controlled my drinking (and covered my face). I guess it was the sun, cos i forgot to put aftersun lotion on my face and sides, and there the rashes were.

I spent much of my time in solitude, even as it was in the company of 3 other guys (1 nyu, 1 columbia, 1 naval academy). I ran thoughts through my head like a pentium 3 processor (im really not that quick) visualising, revisiting, reminiscing, contemplating, wondering what the future will bring, what my purpose is, and what i really want.

I guess i wasn't much of a loner, but i never felt out of place. It was as if i were happy to be with myself, talking to my id and arguing with my superego.

I definitely am growing, changing, maybe even morphing. I guess my metamorphosis will take place in about 2-3 years time, and then what?

Perhaps then, it will be time for change again. Meanwhile, its back to the real world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home