Sunday, December 25, 2005

In Peru

Hey folks im in Peru!

Sorry for the lack of updates. I reached safely in Lima, didnt like the city. Polluted and lots of poor kids trying to sell you sweets for money. However food was nice, too bad no pictures for now cos this is not my computer. will post super alot when i get back.

Then this morning we took a flight to cusco, one of the most beautiful places ive seen. Every thing is so tribal and like what you see in the pictures... The old women are short and dark and wrinkled and carry babies in a sling and are dressed in colourful garb. but we felt bad taking pictures of them and not paying (never ask tehm to pose though)

Shopped for ethnic stuff, am very happy. Yet very sad at the same time. I guess this place has touched me in a way that will change the way i see things, or at least keep me grounded to the values that i hold dear. And yes, i shamelessly admit that i embrace the power of the tourist dollar, to further my personal growth.

Ok i shouldnt be on for long, merry christmas everyone i love you all. And happy new year too, ill be treking in Machu Picchu the day after. I love cusco!

Hasta luego, mis amigos y mi familia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home